Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grateful - Day 10



I know I know . . . I went MIA there for a while. These last few weeks have been atrocious in every sense of the word and I'm exhausted.

So today, I am certainly the most grateful for a BREAK.

I am thankful to be sitting here, on a Thursday, in my jammies. I so love jammmies.
I am thankful that I survived the last few weeks with my sanity.

I am thankful that it is a four-day weekend, though I'm trying not to think about the mounds of grading that is sitting in my car. (I refused to bring it in yesterday)

I am thankful to have the opportunity to see my family today - the family I was born into and the family that I married into.

I am thankful that we have survived two weeks of preschool without an accident, leaving the accidents for home. (Okay, I'm not grateful for the home accidents, but I'll take them for now.)

I'm grateful for my son, who is the sweetest kid.

Last night, around 2-ish, I heard him start crying, so I went in to see him. He quieted down immediately, looked up with those sleepy kid eyes, gives me a sweet smile and says:

"Oh, hi mommy. I'm so glad to see you."

And you know, at 2 in the morning, after a crummy couple weeks, I was really glad to see him to.

I kissed him, he happily rolled over and went back to sleep.

So, I'm grateful that Luke is a stellar sleeper.

My class is frantically trying to get their winter program together (lines, staging, choreography, etc) but the one time I'm relaxed during rehearsals is during the song "Counting Your Blessings." Its a short song, but so beautiful and I always relax and enjoy my kids little voices belting it out. I'll be thinking about it today:

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep
Counting my blessings.

-White Christmas

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

(last year's turkey centerpiece - I didn't even get to make on this year - bummer!)

No comments: