Saturday, November 6, 2010

Epic.


Todd and I have clearly never been into "traditional" costumes so this year, we continued the tradition. And I have to be completely honest: this year, it was all Todd. Todd was the idea man, I just did the assembly.

So as I have posted ad naseum, Luke is all about his Sally. We laugh about how he talks to her all the time, plays with her, high-fives her, has her do puzzles while he cheers her on, etc. So they are truly the best of friends, and Luke believes she is just as real as the rest of us . . . just like . . . Calvin and Hobbes.

Todd and I grew up loving Calvin and Hobbes, and discovering that we each had our own individual C/H book collections when we combine our "libraries." So Luke and Sally just had to be Calvin and Hobbes.

Luke's costume was easy (a little too reminiscent of Linus, but what can you do?) but I was able to fudge my way through a little tiger hoodie for Sally. Together they are pretty cute. He totally didn't get his costume (way focused on the candy aspect of Halloween) and most people didn't get it, but we got it. And that's what's most important, anyways.

Seriously. I love you the MOST.

Fall festival and trick-or-treating pics soon . . .

No comments: