Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grateful - Day 3



My Todd.

Yup, he's mine. I claimed him long ago - 8 years-ish, and now he's totally locked in.

And I was right - all along. He would prove to be a man would was a supportive, thoughtful, funny and loving husband as well as an inspirational dad. No one makes me laugh till I snort like Todd.

Christmas 2009 - Year of the Snuggie

He turned my world upside down from the very beginning - I had never, nor will I ever, meet someone so like me and so different from me all rolled into one.

  • Thank you for giving me a nudge out the door so I don't become a permanent homebody.
  • Thank you for supporting me in all of my endeavors. And crafts.
  • Thank you for being honest with me, always. Even if its not what I want to hear. "Sooo . . . you're going to wear that skirt with that top? Interesting."
  • Thank you for knowing when I just need a hug, not a discussion.
  • Thank you for making me laugh the hardest when I just want to be in a funk and you won't let me.
  • Thank you for being a 50/50 parent. Its hard enough to have one teacher in a family. Having 2 is not for the faint of heart.
  • Thank you for always being on my team. There are days when life just seems heavy and you always know when to step in, whether I want the help or not.
I love you, Big Deet. The most.

No comments: