Saturday, November 6, 2010

200!

Wow - this is my 200th post and I'm here to celebrate! (I'm through one glass of wine, but I'll wait . . . you can catch up.)

I began this blog primarily so that my fabulous mother-in-law could keep up with all the comings and goings of Luke as she was/is in San Diego and not able to see him as much as we would all like her to.

Over the last few years, it has really developed into so so much more - mostly it has become an online journal allowing me to revisit and reflect on what our family has experienced, especially since I've never had a spectacular memory. And certainly have little to no memories of Luke's early months.

So, in honor of my 200th post, I'm re-posting the first picture of the blog - Luke in his cocoon.


And as it was never really discussed in that first post - this was our lifesaver. Luke would not sleep ever anywhere for any reason, which really was awful (as any parent of a collic-y kid could tell you) and when we discovered this type of swing and how Luke was totally into it, we had to have it. I found a used swing on Craigslist from a woman who lived a few blocks down from me, scraped all the cash I could find (totally stole from Luke's piggy bank) and hustled on over.

He slept in this for a good solid few months. Heaven.

Also at this time, he discovered his thumb. (Do you hear the angels singing? I do.)

Finally the swing really (ahem) didn't swing anymore because he was way too big for it and we had to move on. By that time, the colic had pretty much passed and Luke was sleeping through the night. But this swing was our sanity and therefore, very important to be part of the first post of the blog.



And, in time for the season, Luke's first fall and pics on our front lawn. I love this pic - he really wanted to watch all the cars driving by, but I continued to distract him from the camera. Luke was totally balding at this point and had a rash on his chin due to excessive drool, but I love it just the same.

Happy 200th post Bickel Family Blog!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled blogging . . .

No comments: