Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day


My parents were fortunate enough to get many of my grandmother's personal photographs recently and I was crafty enough to "borrow" a few to scan before they disappeared into the boxes of photos shoved in their back closet.

I've always loved this photo of my dad - he looks so official and responsible, especially at what he was asked to do at such a young age. My father served in Vietnam after marrying my mother. My parents were only 20 when they married and my father was shipped out. I can hardly imagine spending my first year of marriage with my husband stationed so far away in such terrifying, awful conditions.

On Veterans Day, I think of all of those who have had to sacrifice so much in their lives to serve their country. And while it's not much on my little blog - I thank those who have served and who are currently serving.

No comments: