Monday, March 1, 2010

Luke at 2

We were tired of Luke's mullet-ish hair, but are just not interested in spending a ton at the kids haircut "salon" that we used to. So we buzzed him. He was not excited about that, but he sure looked cute after. Now Daddy and Luke have matchy-matchy haircuts.

Luke is now very much two. He is definitely still a chatterbox and will really use his words to get what he wants, ie: "more chicken pleeeeeeeeze" or "knee hurts. kisses pleeeeeeeze" or "that tickle Mommy!"He is still very much in Cars (obviously) and acts out the movie with his toy cars that he received as a birthday gift.

Luke had embarked on potty training (self-motivated), doing a great job, but then just . . . stopped. Because we're shooting for preschool this fall, we're back on the potty training . . . train. Luke decided he wanted to try the potty tonight and after being directed by the pediatrician to let him have his "space" (ie: no one needs a Potty Cheerleader), I left. (cue laughter)

I swear, I wasn't even gone a minute. Luke stood up from the potty and shot straight ahead. And where did he shoot, you ask? Right on the new bathroom rug, of course.

The joys of having a boy.

But Luke is a funny funny kid - I appreciate his sense of humor and his empathy. At daycare, whenever anyone gets in trouble, he apologies to Miss Helen. "I sorry Miss Hellen. I sorry." And then gives hugs. And when he peed on the floor? "I sorry Mommy. I sorry." Then he kissed my knee.

He is my sweetie pie - even if he does pee on the floor.

1 comment:

Sabrina Scruton said...

I love, love, love hearing about your trials and adventures of motherhood! You are too funny! Thanks again for the awesome baby shower! I look forward to having our kiddos meet : )