Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What I Don't Miss . . .

Now that our move is a few months past (and the security deposit return has been cashed) its a good time to reflect on what our old home was, and likewise, wasn't.

When we were moving back in 2007, we had decided to get out of the apartment that we hated and into a place that was more "home" like that was still in our budget. We found our little place on Merry Lane and were thrilled with it. It was what we needed at the time and fit our lives, especially as Luke came along.

But there were problems that came along with it, so it was a good time to say goodbye.

Goodbye roof, so leaky, so new
Goodbye yellow countertops,
that stains would cling to.

Goodbye walls o' wood
that I tried to cover
Goodbye prestained carpet
I could not recover.

Goodbye bordello curtains
I couldn't wait to hide
Goodbye curtains o' lace
I couldn't like if I tried.

Oh the windows so drafty
The fireplace uber cold
I couldn't stay there
Once we found the mold.

Goodbye Merry Lane
With your loud music next door
Goodbye sharing walls
And the ghetto Safeway store.

Hello Stardust Lane
So beautiful and fancy
Moving here was the best!
I just feel so . . . dance-y?

2 comments:

Sabrina Scruton said...

you are so witty : )

NoNo said...

I knew if anyone would appreciate it, it would be you :)