Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Todd!

 

We’ve come a long way baby!

Todd Birthday 2002

So this is Todd’s birthday, circa 2002.  We had been dating for a few weeks and I was already invited to the family birthday dinner out.  Black Angus – sweet! I was pretty fancy with my dyed black hair and my strawberry daiquiri. Rebel! Anyways, we look super young.  Or maybe two kids has just made us feel really old.

Poor Todd came home sick today on his birthday, so we spent the day being lazy. Okay, he spent the day being sick and I used Todd being home to be lazy.  And to celebrate. With laziness.

Luckily, I had baked cupcakes last night and frosted three (yes, just three) to sing happy birthday around and of course, eat.  Luke told Todd that he should request “blue car cupcakes” for his birthday.  I suggested Funfetti cupcakes because that is what we had in our cupboard. Sweet.

DSC06719

Todd took care of his own birthday gifts this year as he got what he really wanted: two A’s games.  The first was last week when the Oakland A’s clinched the AL west title and then last night’s AL division game against the Detroit Tigers.  Even better: the A’s won both games resulting in a very happy Daddy.  Definitely worth more than the face value of the tickets!

DSC06720DSC06721

The last time the A’s went to the playoffs was 2006, where both of us played hooky from work for a few games.  Things have changed a bit since then!

DSC06726DSC06727

Luke definitely approved of the cupcakes!

DSC06728

Happy birthday sweetie! You are the best husband and father I could have ever hoped for.  Even though I knew it back in 2002, you have proven time and time again how amazing you are!

No comments: