Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 3–Epcot

 

We were both so excited about Epcot, as there is nothing like it at Disneyland.  We got to the park early, but everyone else was clearly excited to be there too!

DSC04753

 

Our “look-there-it-is-if-you-couldn’t-see-it” pictures :)

DSC04754DSC04755

 

Our first ride was Test Track – which was so much fun! We wanted to go again later in the day, but they ran out of Fast Passes and neither of us were interested in standing in a long line.

DSC04758

Because it is run by GM, there was basically a car dealership after the ride, in addition to the gift shop.  You know, like buy a car, then a t-shirt.

We have been talking about what kind of car we will get after my little Honda is done (10 years already!) and we’ve talked about some GM cars. So I thought I would try them out, take a picture and let Todd see how adorable I am in them!

The guy (okay, KID) trying to talk us into taking one home really tried to steer me away from “MOM-CARS.” Clearly, he doesn’t understand that I think MOM-CARS are super cool.  I always wanted a van . . . especially now. Those vans are tricked out! Anyways, I liked the Chevy Traverse, but it is big and super bucks!! So probably not. :)

DSC04763

 

Me and the Queen of Hearts – one of my all-time favorite villains

DSC04764

Cars 2 still hadn’t come out yet and there was Cars stuff everywhere! So we took a picture together so Luke could see Mommy and Nana with Lightning and Mater.

DSC04766

They finally opened up the World Pavilions and we headed over to Mexico.

DSC04767

 

As a kid, when Todd came to WDW, he said he doesn’t remember much except for Mexico and the “Aztec wallet” he bought there.  So I thought it would be fun to buy him another wallet.  I hunted all over the place for it and finally found it in a leather shop. For $20.  So Todd got a picture of it instead.

DSC04768

 

Heading over to the Vikings – had to take pictures since we study Vikings in 3rd grade.  I was going to buy a Viking shield, but wanted to wait till the end (didn’t want to carry it around) and then completely forgot. DANG.

DSC04776

 

In China . . .

Oh, Mulan . . . did you want to be friends with me? Really? Okay!

(I was by far the oldest person in line to see any of the characters all weekend.)

DSC04777DSC04778

 

DSC04779

DSC04782

 

“Hug a post, Linda. It will look cute.”

See – I know what I’m talking about!

DSC04783

 

Next stop: Germany! We had been waiting all day (we made it till 11:30) for beer and a pretzel.

DSC04788

DSC04789

 

“I’m just getting the bigger beer because I want the commemorative cup.” Sure.

DSC04790

 

I just like pretzels.

DSC04791

 

We had a great seat to enjoy people watching and coo-coo clock watching.

DSC04792

 

We didn’t spend too much time in Americana-land, you know, since we live there, but we did look at a few of the items they had on display – Lincoln’s top hat, Twain’s writing desk, etc. which was fun.  And they had famous Americans’ quotes up on the walls.  Noella-the-Teacher loved this one:

 

DSC04796

 

Japan was fun … I love me some koi ponds!

DSC04797

DSC04798

 

As a special thank you, I decided to treat Linda to a late lunch in a nice restaurant in the Italy pavilion.  We were so excited!

DSC04806

 

Yummy mozzarella!

DSC04804DSC04805

 

In France, I decided to be friends with Aurora. Never met an Aurora with a strong Southern accent.  I found that to be terribly funny. (I think she is gasping at how short my hair is . . . I know I am, looking back at these pictures . . .)

DSC04813

 

Stopping in the UK for . . . another beer! They had a live band that was playing some English Rock which was fun to listen to for a while.

DSC04817

DSC04818

DSC04823

 

It was such a great day – we finished the day off with the fireworks/water show around the pavilion.  There were so many new and different things we did at Epcot – probably my favorite day of the whole weekend.

DSC04832

DSC04835

No comments: