Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Party #1 - Dutch Style


After leaving San Luis Obispo early Saturday morning, we were able to make it down to San Diego by early afternoon. Linda, the incredible hostess-with-the-mostess, planned a small Christmas party for that evening, with a few of her friends. A few of her friends were Dutch, so there was a lot of conversations that I was lost during, but I was not lost during fun games!!

I have no idea what this game was called but it was very similar to skeeball, or maybe shuffleboard. I have never been on a cruise, so I have no idea how shuffleboard is played, but apparently it is similar.

The goal is to get the little pucks through the "goals." There are a few more rules, but its not important. The game was handmade by one of Linda's friends and it was SO MUCH FUN. There was a lot of laughing and shouting and Luke not sleeping. Surprisingly, I was not too bad at it!


You really want to line the pucks up so you can shoot a lot in at once. Todd said he would make a game for me, so *cross your fingers* it is some good times!

We also played Left, Right, Center which I had never played before. There was a lot of laughing and having a good time. They have made a few changes to the game, instead of using chips, they use quarters. Everyone becomes very invested when the game involves money!

The party was an awesome way to start our vacation - in very "Linda style."

No comments: