Monday, June 14, 2010

Showering


With our good friends Sam and Brent getting married next month, the wedding festivities are getting into full swing. While Todd was off in Vegas for Brent's bachelor party, I hosted Sam's bridal shower at our place. I love our home so much, even more so now that I have the space to accommodate guests. The house has a wonderful flow to it - it just feels comfortable.

I had a great time decorating - what fun! Because Sam's colors are yellow and green, I found a beautiful green/cream damask fabric for the tablecloths and used lemons in jars for decor. (I always think of Jennifer Aniston in the "Break Up" with her '12 lemon centerpiece,' but I digress . . .) We had mimosas, lemonade and iced tea along with brunch-y foods provided by Sam's mother and sister.

The drink station


My cupcakes that failed terribly in the looks, but tasted delicious. I made frosting! Woo hoo!

Cute favors filled with candy delicious-ness. (Color coordinated, of course.)

The party guests!

My very "Martha" towel cake - the best yet! I do love making a good towel cake. Or diaper cake. Or diaper wreath! I do love a good "crafty" outlet.

We all had a good time and the boys arrived at the end of the shower. Todd was able to get the a/c working for us, too! He saved the day :)

1 comment:

Fazzio Family said...

Again very jealous of your crafty skills =)