Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shock and Awe



I'll admit it. I am a reformed picky eater. I used to eat nothing, but am much much better now. But I still like to throw a little shock and awe at my mom when I eat something I would have never touched as a kid.

That being said, we stopped at the famous Pea Soup Andersens in Buelleton for lunch. We had intended to stop at the Firestone Walker Brewery (also in Buelleton) but they weren't open until 1 and we needed lunch now. So there was Pea Soup Andersens and we went with it. Even more than that, we actually ate the pea soup. And we loved it! I was delicious and filling and we were both surprised at how much we actually enjoyed it. We also the pea soup in a bread bowl. Everything tastes delicious in a bread bowl.


Luke, of course, ate nothing. This is my pickiness coming back to bite me.

Luke is being pensive about his food choices. At least the milk went down.

After lunch, we both called our mothers to tell them we ate pea soup at Pea Soup Andersens. They were both shocked and awed.

No comments: