Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Backing up . . . to January. . .

We’ll see if I get to Christmas, but at least I can blog about my not-so-baby turning FOUR. Crud. He’s old.

Because we have been “requested” by his teachers to cut down sugar (not even reduced or low) I decided that cupcakes, cookies or anything that would induce craziness shouldn’t even be suggested for a school treat.  Pinterest to the rescue! Rainbow fruit kabobs! Sweet, universally enjoyed and a marshmallow so I’m not a total Ogre-Mom.

DSC06129

I didn’t tell Luke I was going to come to school for his party at the end of the day. It was a total surprise.  I’m glad that Luke is now at Todd’s campus for many reasons, but these are the moments that I’m still bummed about.  On a good drive (no traffic) it’s an additional 20 min drive, so I miss out on a lot of the fun stuff. (No school egg hunt photos for Mommy!)

But I came, Luke was SHOCKED which was adorable.

“MOM?!? You are HERE? I was NOT expecting that. This is the BEST part of my day.”

Cue laugh and knee slap. He actually slaps his knee while laughing.  I have no clue where he picked that up from, but it is a kick.

DSC06136

DSC06138

I can’t imagine Luke being any more wired than he was.  And that was on just natural sugar in fruit! He is so silly.  To note: pineapple and cantaloupe were offensive on his birthday and was vehemently ignored.

DSC06139

Happy birthday pie! You have made parenting more fun and more frustrating than I could have every imagined! I wouldn’t change a thing. (Except maybe the colic . . .)

No comments: