Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodness.

I was really just trying to survive March. That was my goal. Apparently, March has followed me into April!

I didn't see that coming.

The good news: I actually have pictures that I've taken recently.
The bad news: Life is still chaotic, one camera is still at school, the other camera needs a card reader that I need to find. Nuts.

So, instead of pictures (which I know is the fun part) I'll give you a quick run down of our lives in the last few weeks.

  • Todd is now going to have two after-school hockey clubs. The kids can't get enough of him and they sure keep him busy.
  • I am tutoring and trying to keep my head above water. Standardized testing starts next week, and with my class this year, well . . . let's just say I'm a little nervous.
  • Luke is getting into trouble daily. Poor kid. Just when he gets one thing down, I toss another problem on him. We finally have the poop situation taken care of, but . . . let's just say he's a bit of an "attention-seeker." Imagine that.
  • Luke likes to view "circle time" for phonics and math as more of a time of "get-up-and-dance-in-the-middle-of-the-circle-while-everyone-is-there-time."
  • Luke had his first talk with the principal.
  • Luke did stay quiet at the end of nap time with the loss of his trike time hanging over his head.
  • We're working on making "good choices." "Scribble-scrabble" on his papers is not a good choice. "Walking feet" is a good choice.
Poor Luke. He's come from a completely no-holds-barred complete freedom daycare to a super structured preschool. And he's just three. Mostly, he just gets so excited with all the kids around and just wants to play. Like a three year old. Imagine that.

Honestly, I think at this point - we're all burned out. We all need a break. Easter coming late this year has been a friend to no one.

So, we're counting down the days and eagerly anticipating Spring Break.

I will be burying my nose in a book for the next few weeks as a way to hurry the break along. If you aren't already a huge fan of Margaret George, I highly recommend her. She just released Elizabeth I and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

Tomorrow: Field Trip
Thursday: Book Reports
Friday: Tests - Spelling, Vocabulary, Math Facts, Math Concepts, History (13 Colonies, cumulative)
Next Week: Standardized Testing, and more Book Report stuff

Anyone interested in some grading?

(next time I'll have pictures . . .promise)

1 comment:

Sabrina Scruton said...

love you...hope things get easier on the homefront! Luke sounds like he is all boy! glad to hear you survived March Madness hopefully April showers will bring flowers and sunshine for the Bickel clan! Hang in there friend :-)