Sunday, March 20, 2011

Valentine's Day


I do love decorating the mantle. It is such a beautiful fireplace. Though we spend hardly any time in the room (mostly it is Luke toy storage), it still makes me so happy to decorate for the holidays.




We kept Valentine's Day pretty low key at home, as Valentine's Day is anything but low key at school. Todd was so sweet and decided to surprise me by making a classy dinner at home. He often cooks (out of necessity usually, since I'm a basket-case in the kitchen) but Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite meals and he wanted to surprise me. He made dinner without a recipe, something I wouldn't even dream of attempting.


It was absolutely delicious! I'm so spoiled!
I was in charge of Luke's dinner. As we decided it was a special day for all of us, we let Luke choose his dinner, which of course, was pancakes. I bought special Valentine's pancakes (I'm a sucker, I know) and Luke helped make them.


He was interested for approximately 5 minutes and then found other ways to spend his time.


Cupid even brought Luke a few things - some candy and and a wooden fruit "cutting" set.


It was such a fun, family Valentine's Day.

No comments: