Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy St. Pat's Day!


St. Patrick's Day almost passed us by this year with all the craziness of March. I feel bad for Luke - sometimes he really gets the shaft because of our schedules. Bless his fabulous teachers. I really wanted to surprise him with Lucky Charms for St. Pats, but that was not to be. His teachers though, treated the whole class to Lucky Charms and green milk - the kids were so excited! All three of us dressed for the day, though Todd only wore a shirt that said "Lucky Shirt." Harumph. I, though, dressed in my usual foolish way - wearing my green argyle socks and knickers. And of course, the hat that Luke is wearing in the picture. He preferred my hat to his, so I let him wear it for pictures. I can't wear the hat in the classroom though, as it is terribly difficult to redirect and discipline students wearing a goofy hat. So I switch it out for a St. Pat's Day bow. I'm prepared for that, at least.

We got together with family friends, let the boys play and eat pizza. Not exactly traditional corned beef and cabbage, but at least we knew the kids would eat!

Likewise, I still had my Valentine's Day decorations up and quickly took them down and put up my St. Pat's decor up quickly before we had guests. How embarrassing. Luke covered for me though. When they asked if the leprechauns visited, he told his teachers they did. *phew* Next year, I promise I will be more prepared.

No comments: