Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tahoe - Day 2



With all the fun, we didn't notice that Luke had started to become kinda whiny. Whenever he gets whiny, we know he is sick.

Luke's fever came on strong - he was up to 104 and we were, to say the least, freaking out. My parents were finding out where the local hospital while we were sticking Luke in a cold bath. Poor kid - he was miserable, as were the rest of us. He found his silver lining in it though, he was able to stay up with us watching "Little Einsteins."

Luke's fever broke around 3 am and we were all able to get a little sleep.

Saturday was planned for sledding and Todd and I debated going or not. Luke was so happy and excited about sledding that we opted to be "bad" parents and take him, just for a little bit.

We're glad - he loved it.

We did learn that one cannot suck one's thumb while in mittens. It was disheartening.


Luke took a couple runs down with Daddy, but then requested going down on his own. (of course)



The first few runs were successful and he was so proud of himself. And Daddy took him up a little higher. And then . . . and then he ate it. Man, did he ever whap his face right on that snow. And, oh, how he cried. And oh, how Mommy took a picture!



Daddy asked if he wanted to go again, to which he wailed, "YESSS." (cry cry) Then Daddy asked if he wanted to go down with him, to which Luke wailed, "NOOOOO. By MYSELF." *sigh*

So being the good parents we are, we sent him down again. By himself. He fell, but learned to catch himself enough to not smack his face in the snow. A few more runs and he was done. What he really wanted to do was build a snowman with Grandma and Papa. Which freed up the two of us to go sledding.

I felt so old . . . I kept saying to myself, "It's been years since I've sledded . . ."

But we both went down and we both ate it. Apparently, it runs in the family.

(I caught some sweet air!)



We didn't stay for too long and took Luke home for lunch and a nap. After his nap, we asked Luke if he wanted to go outside and play with his cousins. The fact that he rejected the offer reminded us that he was still not feeling well and we stayed inside.

I found my silver lining when he wanted to sit with me. *gasp!* I'll take what little cuddling I can get from that kid.


Even though Luke didn't get to build the official snowman with the official snowman kit, I still got to take fun pics of the snowman the cousins built with the beautiful lake. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful weekend - I hope that we can get back on this family tradition train.


No comments: