Thursday, September 20, 2012

Visiting Auntie G & Frankie D.

As part of the week of Nana Fun-time/Last Days of the Only Child, Linda took Luke up to visit his Auntie G, who is now living in Cloverdale which is super north of us.  Auntie G lives in a cute little place out in the country and her backyard overlooks the Russian River.  Luke adores his Auntie G and her sweet dog, Frankie D. 

Todd and I were excited to have a little time to ourselves before the arrival of Miss Lily.  They left Thursday afternoon and returned Friday afternoon.  Todd and I did romantic date things like, running errands. We did go to a late lunch on Thursday, which was fun.  I couldn’t remember the last time we didn’t have to rush, we were able to enjoy our time together, even if it was boring grown up things like going to Costco and grocery shopping.

Back to the fun stuff though!

So Linda, Luke, Auntie G and Frankie went down to the Russian River where Luke had a fabulous time playing in the river, making mud pies and splashing around.  Would you believe that in my highly emotional, hormonal state, I completely cried when I looked at these pictures as I saw my little baby suddenly such a big boy!

Luke and the ever-watchful, Frankie D.

DSC02689DSC02690

Playing in the river and being careful of the current

DSC02702DSC02705

Nana was the end-point – the current was pretty quick past herDSC02706DSC02708

Fun with Auntie G!

DSC02713DSC02714

Love that little stinker’s smile!

DSC02715DSC02716

Do you know what to do if you find a big ol’ rock?

DSC02717

Luke knows.

DSC02718

Have we talked about Luke being a performer? Yeah, well, he is not shy and loves to be in front of people. (weird, I know) In fact, Luke’s pediatrician at his 4 year appointment told me that I shouldn’t only pursue sports with him, I should get him involved in theater as well. *sigh* Should have seen that coming.  Depending on who you know best (Todd or myself), know that both of us were heavily involved in theater/singing growing up, so clearly, Luke got that as well.  In fact (on a totally unrelated note) both Todd and I have decided that once the kids get older and more independent, we want to get back into performing and being a part of community theater.  We both love performing and we can’t wait to embarrass our kids. :)

So here is Luke, using his mic to perform as Freddie Mercury, from Queen (see screen) I will say that Luke has good taste in music, thanks to Todd.  Most of time, we listen to music during dinner.  Sometimes it is classic music (Luke’s current fav: “In the Hall of the Mountain King), or 80’s pop, or punk (loves Bouncing Souls) or classic rock (Queen). After dinner often becomes a dancing time. Perhaps there will be another post about that.

DSC02686

No comments: