Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lily’s Nursery

I wanted Lily’s nursery to be girly without being over the top, and the bedding I found in stores was not what I wanted.  I did find this bedding with polka dots, paisley and  bows. Girly and modern, but not too much so.  Not enough to send Todd into hysterics.

Todd’s mom, aunt and grandmother gave us all our bedding and matching accessories and they are beautiful!

Thanks to Pinterest, I made the cutie puffs for over Lily’s crib.

DSC06632

Although I have never recovered anything, ever, I decided to recover the glider and ottoman.  The glider was originally maroon and the ottoman was blue.  I looked into professional recovering, but it would be $300. Seriously. I could buy a new set for that. So instead I spent around $30 on fabric.  My original fabric choice (with coupon) would have run $15/yd, which was too much to spend on the off chance that it would actually turn out.  So $6/yd seemed like a more plausible option. And it worked!  I wanted to refinish the ottoman to match, but I ran out of time. Oh well.

I needed an endtable next to the glider to have a place for bottles, burpies, glasses, etc. but I couldn’t find anything that I really liked that wasn’t ridiculously expensive.  As I was cleaning out our office, I discovered a scrapbooking “file cabinet” in the closet and mod-podged the top using leftover fabric.

DSC06631

This is an older pic of the shadow boxes, but it’s close enough.  The shot above is updated.  I used Luke’s old shadow boxes that had been painted in a baseball theme and repainted them in pink and green, along with modpodging the outside. (Have I mentioned how much I love mod podge??)

DSC02660

I purchased this pink birdcage at Ross for $10 – it is super cute!  The topiaries are from my fireplace mantle and I had moved them into the nursery during Christmas-time as the Christmas mantle décor took up all the space.  So I bow-ed them and they are now in the nursery.  I love ribbon. And bows.  I have a ribbon problem.  The pink champagne was a gift from one of the parents from my 3rd grade class from last year.

DSC06634

I absolutely adore Lily’s nursery – it is one of the brightest rooms in the house and is so sunny and cheerful.  I love the colors and how comfortable it is.  It will be a wonderful room for Lily to grow up in.  And a big thanks to my mom for helping me clean out the room/closet and decorating, as it had become a dumping ground once Luke moved out and also thanks to Linda for helping with decorating.  It is fabulous!

No comments: