Sunday, December 18, 2011

Linda and Jack’s Wedding

No, not that Linda.  Linda B2. Or maybe Linda B1. I can’t keep all those Linda’s straight! Anyways, my MIL came up to help Linda B2 throw a fun wedding in the middle of September at their beautiful home.  My Linda asked if I would be interested in helping out with the organization and running of the event.  As I am always up for a good time with my MIL, away we went. 

I was called upon to help with the pre-wedding photography, which I am clearly under- qualified to help with.  But I did it anyways.

This is the backyard from the view of the bride and groom’s balcony off their master bedroom.  It is a gorgeous home with a beautiful backyard, perfect for their wedding.

 

DSC00138

I was also called upon to do the flowers for the wedding.  Did you know that I used to work for a florist/party planner back in high school? Yeah, I’ve had an assortment of jobs.  So I put together the bouquets and the boutonnieres for the wedding party.

This is the bridal bouquet (right) and the maid of honor bouquet (left).

DSC00137

I attempted “classy” pre-wedding photo ops. That being said, I was borrowing a camera that I didn’t know how to work.  I might have done a little better with my camera. Oh, and we also steamed the bride’s gown.  I’ve never used a steamer before. That was frightening.

DSC00162

The table décor and favors

DSC00222

My partner in crime.  I would never do this kind of stuff with anyone else.  I know that no matter what, we’ll have a fabulous time together.  When it comes to parties, she is the Go-To Woman!

DSC00270

The bride, Linda B 2, made her own German chocolate and coconut cream cupcakes which were to die for.  And boy, did I snarf on those!

You’ll notice the enormous bar of Ghirardelli chocolate up front. I snarfed on that, too.  Because when you break apart the chocolate, the calories can escape. So, it’s pretty much diet food at that point.

DSC00277

Linda K (yes, there are three Lindas, making them THE Lindas) and myself toasting to the bride and groom through interpretive dance.  I’m fairly certain that at every party I have to hit some sort of dramatic dancer pose.

DSC00341

My fabulous MIL, Linda B1, the bride, Linda B2, the groom, Jack and me. Along for the good food and fun. 

DSC00312

No comments: