Monday, October 10, 2011

Sleeping

 

I love pictures of kids sleeping.  I love how they will sleep in 800 different ways and only a few actually look comfortable.  So I enjoy this picture of Luke, sleeping with his legs crossed, surrounded by a few of his “favorite things.” Obviously, Sally is there, as she is omnipresent in his life. 

DSC05116

And the new passion in his life . . . Spiderman.  All Spiderman, all the time.  I have learned more about Spiderman in the last few months than I have ever known or ever felt that I needed to know.

Seriously. This is a villian. A guy in a Rhino outfit.  I laugh every time I read the stories with the Rhino in it. *snort*

 

The Rhino

That being said, watching Spiderman cartoons has been a nice break from Thomas the Train.  Do you know what Spiderman series Luke likes to watch the most? The 1967 version that streams on Netflix. I appreciate that my son shows taste and good humor.  He has absolutely no interest in the flashy CG 1990s and after versions.  And I find the humor in the 1967, cheap animation and serious gender inequality humor.

 

So of course, that leads to the inevitable conversation: “Luke, what do you want to be for Halloween?” Is there really any question now? Luke will be one of the Spidermans at preschool. The challenge? They have to be able to go to the bathroom by themselves, even with their costumes on.  I will need to be creative to be able to make this happen.

No comments: