Monday, June 20, 2011

Jackpot

 

When did I know I hit the jackpot with Todd? I knew pretty quickly. 

I knew I had hit the jackpot when I met him.  I had never met anyone so sweet and thoughtful, I had never met anyone who could make me laugh so hard or try things I had never considered.  I had never met anyone with so many friends I actually liked. I had never met anyone whose family I truly loved being around.

I knew I hit the jackpot when we got married.  I couldn’t imagine being happier than I was on our wedding day 6 years ago.  I was so excited for our future – even though I really had no idea what our future was. 

letter

Todd wrote me the most beautiful letter on our wedding day. Boy, did I cry.

formal

I hit the jackpot when I married Todd.  I really didn’t know how big a winner I was, though  Every year on our anniversary, I think about how I was truly blessed when I met Todd and I had no idea.  I “knew” – but I really didn’t know.  I love him more today than I did on our wedding day .  I am still excited for our future – every day is a new adventure, especially since Luke joined us.

rings

When I look at our wedding rings, they’re not the biggest, they’re not the fanciest, but they remind me everyday of hitting the jackpot.  I am so blessed to be your wife, Todd.  You are the most amazing husband and father, beyond any expectation I could have ever had. 

To the best six years of my life and to all the years ahead.

1 comment:

Sabrina Scruton said...

Love the wedding pics-love love love your veil-i think you should wear it everyday! So pretty!