Monday, January 3, 2011

Family Pics



Detour (again)

We haven't taken family pictures since Luke was . . . 6 months old, I think. So it was high time to get together, dress in coordinated but non-obnoxious clothes, cross our fingers and hope for the best.


Luke made it through the first half of the photos cheerfully, but then just lost it. Meh. At least the family shots were right up front. And due to sales, coupons and gift cards, I was able to get a CD and the rights to the photos, so that I could print them (more affordably) elsewhere.


So I'm not breaking any laws, okay?

My boys:

Apparently, I no longer have a baby. Apparently, I also do not even have a toddler. I have a preschooler. How did I end up with one of those? Man, time does fly, doesn't it?

This is the sweet picture for Mommy:


This is the real Luke:


Me and my not-baby:


If we didn't have a car/truck and Sally, we never would get anything done. So here he is with his truck.

Perhaps I should have put him in the little bit smaller pants.

I was so pleased with how the pictures turned out. As any photographer knows, quantity of shots can have a huge impact. You really need to take a lot of photos to get just a few really spectacular shots. And man, were there some bad photos. But there were enough great photos to have really been worth it.

And I will think back to Luke's 1 year photo shoot where we bought a few pity shots because we had to have something. Looking back now, they're pretty funny and definitely him.

Here's the family photos now, and in another 3 or so years!

2 comments:

Fazzio Family said...

Those turned out so so so so so cute!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Hi there, blog-stalking today...gorgeous pix! I was taken back to see your baby all grown - wasn't he just born? crazy how it flies...