Monday, August 9, 2010

Crafty crafty girl


My crafting has been on the backburner as of late, so when the opportunity arose to get some craftin' in - I was all over it!

First up:

With our new table, I've been placemat crazy! I haven't been able to find any placemats that I really love. Since I had taken a tablecloth I love and made it into a tablerunner, I thought I would take the extra fabric and make some placemats out of it.

I've made one. Here it is. Revel in its glory.

For Brent and Sam's wedding, Luke was a ring bearer and I really desperately wanted him to wear a short sleeve button down shirt as it was an outdoor wedding in July. For the life of me, I could not find one. Not for a toddler. (I guess they're lame. Whatever.)

So I bought the long sleeve shirt, cut off the sleeves and stitched it up. Go ahead, revel.

Also for Brent and Sam's wedding, they wanted me to paint a mailbox with their wedding invite design on it for their super creative guest-book-y thing using postcards instead of a book. Then the guests would put the postcards in the beautifully painted mailbox.

Todd was so sweet, he primed and painted the basecoat for me, so it was able to be a wedding gift from both of us.

I am certainly not by any means a graphic artist, but I thought I did a pretty nice job.

Its all getting me primed and ready to get creative for my classroom in the next few weeks!

No comments: