Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Move.


Oh the move. How you engulfed my life in ways I never thought imaginable. And let me state: I will never ever move again. Everyone laughs when I say that I will be buried here. They laugh when I say the house can burn down around me and I still won't go. I hate moving. I forget how much until I'm smack in the middle of it. And I always say I won't pack 3/4 empty shampoo bottles and every box will contain all like items and I will be an organized packer, this time!

Well nuts. Alas, it was not to be. Bless the 2 car garage. Every response to every question that begins with "Have you seen . . . " or "Do you know where . . ." is answered with "In a box, in the garage, somewhere." and then a "We'll find it someday."

*sigh*

We spent the first night at the house early in January, before any furniture was moved. We were so excited to be out of the old place and into our new place.


Poor Luke. He spent a good deal of time with his favorite movie, Cars, while we were packing, unpacking and attempting to organize. Not that he minded at all. It took some time to get him used to not watching his favorite movie all the time. Luckily, Luke is over it now.

We're not finished with the unpacking and the organizing, but we're finally finally home - which is the greatest blessing. We're incredibly happy exactly where we are - our own little family in our own little home.

And I am NOT moving again. Ever.

No comments: