Thursday, May 2, 2013

SuperWhy Party!

 
SuperWhy Birthday Party!

Luke was so excited about his SuperWhy birthday party, which is a PBS show all about solving problems through reading.  For a period of time, whenever there was a problem, Luke's advice was to "look into a book." Deep.

Everything was labeled with letters - "c" was for cookies and crackers, for everyone to take to go.

I used teacher bulletin board letters to decorate the house with the alphabet.  I love this picture - Luke looks so excited and happy.  I had his shirt made on Etsy.  I do love me some Etsy.


Luke was given  a small trampoline for Christmas from his great-grandparents.  It's good for getting the bouncies out.  Sometimes, we just make him jump.  Occupational therapists recommend it for ADHD and a few other conditions that need "impact." They also recommend pushing and pulling heavy stuff around.  I love the idea of manual labor for my child's 'health.'



We attempted to have the kids make their own super hero masks.  It was eh.  The kids didn't really get behind it.  Oh wells.




No comments: