Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

I'm so glad my mother in law is awesome and took pictures, because I took no pictures at Thanksgiving. That's right. My daughter's first Thanksgiving and nothing.  I was busy with other things. 

Lily dressed up in a special outfit from Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa (which was beautiful) and then had a little photo shoot.  She is such a happy baby - lots of smiles and giggles now.  This is my favorite part of having an infant - they give smiles away like they are worth nothing, but to everyone else, they are worth everything!



The long and the short of it:

  • Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and amazing.  
  • Baby Lily was sweet and adorable. 
  • Luke ran around like his pants were on fire (at least we were outside).  
  • All the family stepped in to help Luke run out of energy (he went through at least 6 adults before he got remotely tired).
  • Todd and I were given a break. Woo hoo!  Nana drove Luke home so that Todd and I would have some quiet, couple time.  I will call that 30 minute drive a date. Sweet!

And now Christmas is right around the corner.  Tomorrow is my last day before break and I couldn't be more excited to have two weeks at home with my family.  While my job certainly has challenges, I can't beat the two week break for the holidays. 

No comments: