Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Shower

When I started this post, I was having contractions every 15-20 minutes.  I had to stop. Now I have a baby. More to follow on that!

In July, Shannon, Stacie, Sabrina and my wonderful MIL Linda, threw me a fabulous baby shower to welcome Lily to the world.  It was all decked in pink and green (the nursery colors) – it was amazing!

I was clearly having pregnancy brain as I planned to arrive a little early and ended up being a half hour late.  Linda called, wondering where I was, and I said I’d be there in 5 minutes or so (thinking I was coming early) and I heard Shannon shout in the background, “DOES SHE KNOW WHAT TIME IT STARTS??”  Clearly, the answer was no.  I was mortified that I was late.  How embarrassing.

Delicious brunch – with Shannon’s homemade scones! Yummy!

DSC02115

Game time!

DSC02125

I’m so competitive, I’ll play the games at my own shower.

DSC02126

Gift time! Let’s just say, everyone was really excited for me to be having a girl.  There was a great deal of pink that was unwrapped.  Let’s be honest. I was excited, too!

DSC02149DSC02150

 

DSC02155DSC02156

 

DSC02160

DSC02185DSC02188

 

I wear flowers, so clearly baby girl will be wearing flowers, too.

DSC02234

I am explaining Luke’s theory on how baby sister will come out.  Can you guess?

DSC02236

The answer is: “She is going to EXPLODE out of Mommy’s tummy. There’s going to be blood EVERYWHERE.”

What a boy. I have no idea where this idea came from.  At least he gets that it will pretty much feel like that, whether that is the actual exit route or not.

My ladies after the shower.  Putting on a shower is exhausting.

DSC02272

I am so grateful to everyone who came and spoiled baby girl. We had so much fun – I love having all my special people in one place, celebrating such a special little girl. Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments: