Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother’s Day Surprise!

The Friday before Mother’s Day was a tough one.  It wasn’t good on any front – tough in my class: the Spring Program Dress Rehearsal was NOT good. Not. Not. Not.  Luke had a tough day at school.  I was not feeling successful on any front: work, home, family, bleh bleh bleh.

So imagine my surprise when a beautiful bouquet was delivered on Friday after getting home from work.  I have never had flowers delivered to me before and I was so excited (and hormonal) and immediately after reading the card from Todd and Luke, I completely burst into tears. Yikes.  Poor Luke.  Daddy wasn’t home yet and Luke didn’t know what to do with a crying mommy that should be happy since she got a present.

Oh, my Luke . . . the road to understanding women is long and convoluted.   I’m just trying to prepare you.  So I was sent a beautiful bouquet of lilies – none of them had opened yet.  The next week, Luke was so excited to announce when the individual flowers would be blooming. 

DSC06443

Todd also sent along a little teddy bear and a box of chocolates.  Luke absconded with the bear pretty quickly and well, the chocolates didn’t last long. The “Greatest Mom” decoration is actually a magnet to use after the bouquet is done.

DSC06447

The good news? The flowers are still blooming well over a week after delivery.  Impressive.

No comments: