Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bonding with Mommy




A few Sundays ago, I thought it would be really fun to have some bonding time over a donut with Luke. (yes, I love donuts.) I thought it would be a nice tradition and create some memories.

Luke was all on board for donut time, so off we went to our local donut shop. He used his good manners, saying "please" and "thank you" and impressing the employees. One thing that I am very proud of is how Todd and I have stressed manners. He says "excuse me" when he needs to get past someone, talk to Mommy or Daddy while we're in a conversation, and when he burps or toots.

We dove right into the donuts and (I hate saying this) but it was the worst.donut.ever. I didn't even realize bad donuts existed. But they do and it was terrible. I didn't even eat mine. *bleh* It was super oily and greasy and put a nice coating on my hands. Ew. Luke at most of his and the employees gave us some donut holes to take home. Even Luke refused the donut holes. Very telling.


We will continue our tradition, but now the challenge becomes finding a good quality donut shop to keep the tradition going.

No comments: