Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day




Trying to catch up . . . I'll hit Mother's Day first, then figure the rest out.

Mother's Day has always been a wonderful day, a time for reflecting on how grateful I am to all the wonderful women in my life who are making me a better mother every day. I'm getting there, but there's still so much to learn. Thank you all (past and present) who are amazing examples of being a mother.

We went to Hayes Mansion for Mother's Day brunch, which was a much better experience than last year, now that Luke is older. We didn't feed him a whole lot in the morning to make sure that he would eat instead of get in trouble. Poor kid - the first bite and he gives the happiest little sigh.

Brunch was delicious, but I'm always a fan of breakfast. Breakfast that include mimosas. And dessert. Luke loves dessert, too. After we had finished, I asked Luke to thank Papa for his breakfast. Luke said, "Thank you Papa for breakfast." Then he looked at me and said, "Thank you Mamma for cake."

I know what is important to my kid. It's important to me, too.

The Rosbrugh clan - led by my mom. :)


The moms are ready to eat!!

Crud. I love this picture, but its all blurry. But we're all there, its Mother's Day and we're smiling and looking at the camera. It's a Mother's Day Miracle! But not completely. It's blurry.

Just like last Mother's Day, the kids just wanted to run. A big open field? How could you not run?!?
We took Luke back home where he crashed out and had a fantastic nap. I do love a good quality nap. Later that afternoon, we headed over to Uncle Dan and Auntie Ellen.

And they. Have. A. Sandbox.

It's true. It's Luke's mecca. Cars and dirt? It's like, the best Mother's Day ever.

Luke has always loved strawberries so chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day was an over-the-top total wound up finish to a crazy day.


Poor crazy kid. He crashed right on out when we got home. It was such a fabulous day. I love my little pie who blessed me with Motherhood.

No comments: