Friday, July 24, 2009

Down on the Farm





Today I took Luke to visit farm animals for the first time. What fun! He loved looking at the pigs and the birds, but alas, the cows were not for him. Poor kid.


After watching the ducks and geese run from him and into the safety in their enclosure, Luke had to try to follow them. He could see them in their pen - they couldn't get away from him! He peered underneath the fence and kept saying, "I see you! I see you!"


Can't put anything past Luke . . .

He fed his first goose, which I was impressed with. He didn't cry, but did look a little "put out" when the goose nibbled on his finger.

As always, I felt frustrated chasing him around - he is an endless stream of energy. I try not to get jealous of the other moms with their kids who sit quietly or roam in the area, but it always happens. As I chased him all over the park, I thought of all the reasons I love Luke's energy:

Luke is excited and curious about everything. I know his fearlessness and sense of adventure will keep his life exciting. His enthusiasm and daring is so much fun to watch. There is never a boring moment, and always something to laugh about.


I am thankful for every minute I have with Luke, especially these blessed days I have at home this summer with him. I will not take them for granted - he is entirely too special.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love your posts! And he is such a grown-up boy! Seems that all is well...so happy for your family.