Monday, February 2, 2009

A Pirate's Life for Me!


Luke's First Birthday, Part I.

Okay, I simply could not do a teddy bear or Sesame Street themed birthday party for Luke's first birthday. He's just not that kid. And quite frankly, I predict years of Elmo and Handy Manny in my future. So that stuff can wait. So it was all about pirates!


Grammie Linda was the Decoration Committee, while Grandma Harvana was in charge of Food Creation and Arrangement. Except the cake, that was from Not Just Cheesecakes http://www.notjustcheesecakes.com/ and I highly recommend them! I employed a Photography Wench and Bean-Bag Supplier (paid with fuzzy socks) to be my support staff. Mainly I ran around like a chicken-with-my-head-cut-off (Ye olde Chicken?) as witnessed by my constant state of blurring.



Luke was awesome - making it through the day on one nap and disinterest in eating. He enjoyed the cake though, so he made it on sugar alone!





But Luke wandered around from group to group being my little social butterfly.

He had all his buddies there: the cousins, the Selleos' and of course, little Stinky, who has now apparently become the object of his affection.




Wow. You don't even see them growing up so fast, and then it's their first birthday and they're kissing girls. Luke marched right on over to her and kissed her. Not once, not twice, but three times. And right on the mouth. It was about the most adorable thing I think I have ever seen. They were so sweet to each other, and then Luke kissed her arm. And I am clearly concerned about his teenage years. *sigh* Reign that kid in!

Unfortunately, no one really got the actual kiss(es) on film, we were all laughing way too hard. We only got the aftermath.


Happy First Birthday, Luke!


2 comments:

Mr Lim said...

Hmmm.. I should keep him away from stinky.. my daughter that he kissed!! :D

Fazzio Family said...

Soooo cute! Happy birthday Luke!!