Saturday, July 16, 2011

Walt Disney World!–Part 1

As a wonderful surprise/treat, my amazing MIL and fabulous husband treated my to a weekend away to Walt Disney World over Memorial Day Weekend.  It was Mother’s Day, my birthday and our anniversary gift all wrapped into one.

Linda was heading out to Florida for a big ol’ conference and invited me along to hit up Disneyworld with her.  It was going to be my first time!! Woo!  I was counting down the days – I absolutely couldn’t wait.

Our flights landed within minutes of each other, but meeting up became a challenge because we were on opposite sides of the airport.  After connecting, we checked into the hotel, dropped off our things and were off to Downtown Disney!

We at Raglan Road, an Irish Pub that had been sent to Florida from Ireland.  We ate at the bar and enjoyed the Irish dancing.  Oh Disney, you don’t miss a beat!

DSC02192

Classiest Shepard's pie I’d ever seen . . .

DSC04721

I had just cut my bangs. Dang, they’re short.

DSC02193

I took a picture in front of the dinosaur ‘cause I thought Luke would think I was cool. He didn’t.

DSC02194

It was very Florida weather . . . all muggy and stormy with big raindrops.  It was bizarre . . . I was in flip flops and everyone just ran inside when it started raining, it would pour down, then just magically stop and everyone would go back out again.

Crazy Florida sky/weather and me with a Lego Dragon.

DSC02198

Because Linda is such a “valued customer,” the hotel had offered to give her a special upgrade.  She could choose from a room upgrade (they had already upgraded us to a pool view, so she passed), $10 off her hotel bill (no need, thanks for the hotel Sony!), or . . . ice cream! Hooray for ice cream!!

Before we left for Downtown Disney, we attempted to procure the ice cream, but to no avail.  When we returned back to the hotel, we found a tray with the ice cream and bowls waiting for us.  Sure, it was a little . . . soupy, as we had been gone for a while, but Haagen Dazs is Haagen Dazs, soupy or not!

We enjoyed our ice cream on the patio that night – lucky us!

DSC02199

No comments: